Saturday, 24 December 2011





though there are still a few days left of 2011, christmas is always a clear beacon that the year is finally coming to a close. it hasn't been the best of years, really - i've learnt many lessons, but they were hard lessons to learn. with the shortest day now behind us i can begin the process of emerging from the dark, which seems to have already begun. curled up by the fire with narnia on the tv, christmas lights twinkling & a sleepy puppy at my feet, i might almost let myself believe i've got a pretty good chance of making it. and to anybody else who needs reassurance: you've got a pretty good chance too.
to you and your families: have a safe & happy christmas :) ♥

ETA: i'm having a wonderful christmas - thank you for all your wishes! i was lucky enough to receive a HD camera this year, and so i knocked up this little video this morning for you to glimpse into my christmassy world. not the most cheerful song in the world, but a beautiful one all the same!

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! this year hasn't been the best for me either so hopefully 2012 will be better! very cute puppy :)

    LEFTBANKED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post. I'm sure 2012 will be more than good to you, and I'm determined to make it an amazing year! Merry Christmas!

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope for you to have a bright and brilliant and simply perfect Christmas, too - because that is just what you deserve. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things brighten for you next year. I'm sure they will. Merry Christmas, love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you all the best for the new year! (how cute is the puppy ^^)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry christmas! I hope it was most joyous! <3 Awww Merlin sleeping is just adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas, Holly!
    I loved the glimpse into your Christmassy world. I like the song too - it's Joni Mitchell, right? I only know the song because of the film You've Got Mail, though. I keep meaning to listen to more of her music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks as if you had a wonderful Christmas, and the video was just magical :)
    I hope you have a great 2012, Holly :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your puppy is too sweet! 2011 was not such a good year for me either, so let's hope for a much better 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable puppy!
    happy new year, dear.

    x
    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. all so pretty & such a cute wittle doggy. ♥ i hope you've been doing well!

    ReplyDelete